Robotic Process Automation @ Pharmaceutical Sector
The pharmaceutical industry needs to aim at a zero-tolerance methodology regarding mistakes or failure. Pharma companies can deploy RPA to thrive while eliminating tedious tasks. RPA can address compliance and regulatory requirements, meet patient expectations, and reduce costs while providing flawless data processing which minimizes the chance of mistakes or failure. RPA offers tools to proactively manage uncertainties and implement strategies for the coming years.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and machine learning enable the organization to work smarter and eliminate tedious manual tasks. Employees are freed up to focus on adding value and increasing productivity. This rapid drive to apply RPA is driven by several challenges in the industry,
- Regulatory and compliance requirements
- Healthcare consumer and patient engagement expectations
- Rising development and compliance costs
- Time to market expectations
IntelliBuddies® is an AI Infused Robotic Process Automation, which comes bundled with all the essential tools and technologies for the automation of your front and back-office operations. IntelliBuddies® comes with a large set of very useful activity libraries with a built-in intelligent automation framework along with AI and machine learning capabilities. The platform also provides a Process Designer tool to orchestrate the flow of work across human, buddy, and systems to enable enterprises to define end-to-end automation. Further, the platform provides the Control Room Portal for enterprises to manage their buddies in terms of their security, scheduling, orchestrating, reporting, and auditing. Overall, IntelliBuddies® would help enterprises in automating both rule-based and knowledge-based tasks and thereby reducing cost, improving response time, facilitating business growth, and at the same time achieving compliance.
Pharma companies are expanding automation into
Facilitate clinical development
This involves processes to carry out drug development and drug approval, which are underpinned by clinical trials. It thus has top priority in the value chain of life sciences, and, unfortunately, it is very expensive.
Buddies can perform mundane tasks such as data entry or quality control very fast and with maximal accuracy. This efficiency bonus translates into significant savings for clinical trials. Additionally, bots can perform large-scale interpretation and processing of clinical trial data, e.g., radiology reports, and thus facilitate the identification of high-risk abnormalities in images.
Streamline compliance and reporting
The rising cost of compliance and the steep fines for failing to comply are the top arguments supporting the use of automation. The regulatory submission process and robotic process automation are a match made in Heaven because preparing accurate reports requires integrating data from multiple systems, and is based on routine, rule-based tasks.
Additionally, these processes are laborious and their manual completion requires painstaking efforts; consider only tracking document status or compiling records to create a dossier and you will definitely understand what we are talking about. RPA ensures consistency in data entry, audit readiness, and quality control.
Retrieving accurate and timely sales data anytime and sales representatives responsiveness
There is a stringent need for this since over 70% of pharmaceutical reps’ time is spent on dull, time-consuming tasks such as data entry. As a result, their ability to discuss with customers and provide customer service is very much diminished. If bots are used to perform inventories, to record tracking customer feedback, to retrieve timely and accurate sales data, or to manage orders and inventory, sales reps could invest more energy in the more value-added tasks that require human-to-human communication, e.g, customer engagement and conversions. By doing this, RPA enables enhanced sales efficiency.
Targeted marketing Process
Buddies can mimic medical companions for patients, providing relevant information, tailored to what each individual patient needs to know. Intelligent automation allows the use of chatbots that can take one step further in the provision of customer-specific data, ensuring that patients get all and only the information that is relevant for them.
By providing patients with real-time knowledge, made to fit their own needs, bots act as virtual medical companions for them. This offers customers a personalized experience. The outcome? Shorter response times, improved patient experience, and thus more engaged customers. As a result, the pharma company itself will achieve a higher standing.
Benefits of RPA in Pharma
- Reduced time to market: Software robots can complete repetitive, tedious tasks promptly and with quasi perfect accuracy. As a consequence, the collection of real-time information can proceed at a much faster pace, and clinical trials are facilitated. This means that the bots allow pharma companies to come up with new medicines in a much shorter time, which improves productivity and performance.
- Facilitate management of regulatory compliance requirements: Because it cuts down the possibility of human error, RPA strengthens compliance with stringent standards and increasingly complex regulations.
- ROI maximization: Automation of routine tasks helps pharmaceutical companies reduce their production and compliance costs, which results in a higher return on investment.
- Increased agility: RPA in the realm of pharmaceutical companies takes advantage of the lessons learned from other industrial sectors, which have embarked on the automation journey earlier, e.g., finance, healthcare, insurance, etc. Starting with realistic expectations, providing employees with opportunities to upskill, or support developers to communicate with users are among the most useful approaches to ensure automation buy-in within the company.