Pharmacovigilance process automation with RPA
by: 11/11/2020 Source: Covance
Given the strategic role of pharmacovigilance (PV) systems and the growing numbers of safety data sources and AE reports, technology solutions are already a vital cog in safety operations. Companies that recognize the importance of integrating newer, disruptive technologies and use them to fundamentally alter the drug safety continuum will see greater success in managing the safety of their products and maintaining cost-effectiveness.
PV automation tools range from basic to Robotic Process Automation, to cognitive and Artificial Intelligence, offering a wide variety of technology solutions that can be utilized to drive operational efficiencies across the PV continuum. At Covance, we understand the benefits that these automation tools offer and how our clients can take advantage of them.
- Significant cost savings via enhanced productivity with expected efficiency gains of up to 50%
- Highly customizable and database agnostic
- Improved quality through standardized inputs
- 100% regulatory compliance and faster turnaround time (TAT)
- Automated case intake and case processing
- Standardization and automation of PV processes and safety data management through integration of safety data by application of appropriate data and system interoperability standards, implementation of best practices and technological concepts including work flow management technology to ensure appropriate transparency and accessibility of safety information and targeted automation for enhanced PV.
- Proactive PV and risk minimization to identify and predict emerging safety signals by implementation of data mining techniques to bolster safety analytics, reporting and investigation. Faster signal adjudication and reporting and management provides real-time safety summaries, promoting timely awareness of safety risks across the portfolio and timely execution of safety risk minimization activities.
- Open and transparent data sharing with regulators, prescribers and patients will build public trust and confidence, encourage greater openness across the industry, and promote impartial comparisons of alternative products. This will drive more trust, collaboration and ultimately fewer ADRs
IntelliBuddies® - Aids the healthcare industry to handle the Pharmacovigilance operations—data and system interoperability, workflow management, can implement safety analytics, reporting, data sharing with respective stakeholders, as it comes bundled with all the essential tools and technologies for the intelligent automation and to manage operations.
The Process Designer (IDE tool) helps you to build the required business processes with the sequence activity which embeds multiple activities within. Controlroom, stores all the published processes done in the Process Designer, that gets executed the by buddies to complete the assigned task. Either it can distribute these Processes to Buddies for execution or schedule them to be executed on a recurring basis. Overall, Control Room is where you can control all automations at one place.Source: Covance