In healthcare industry, there is a lack of maintaining administrative safeguards of records (electronic protected health information) due to employees’ negligence. This non-compliance leads to security breach, risking patients health records data.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is here to assist you in Healthcare to handle such situations and improve providing better business. Robotics Process Automation works across your organization, amid a wide range of activities to streamline your business. With minimal effort and cost, RPA helps to build software assistants (buddies) into your business processes that would in-turn help your organization to automate your business.
The business of healthcare isn’t just about being efficient. Healthcare organizations, both payers and providers, are focused on improving health, lowering cost, and providing better access to care for patients. The amount of data and information collected and processed by Healthcare industries daily is humongous. It includes data from both internal and external sources such as clinical applications, laboratories, third-party web sites, Insurance portals, and other HR and Finance applications. This is where Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can help the Healthcare industry significantly.
HIPAA compliance and what it means?HIPAA compliance is corresponding to the elements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. I.e., companies that deal with protected health information (PHI) must have a physical, network, and process security measures in-house and follow them strictly. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (1996) is a series of standards that regulate the use and disclosure of protected health information.
What is Protected Health Information?
Protected health information (PHI) is demographic information that identifies a patient or client of a medical organization, a healthcare provider, health issuer, i.e., by a HIPAA-covered entity and/or their business associate(s).
- Healthcare Providers (hospitals, doctors, clinics, psychologists, dentists, chiropractors, nursing homes, and pharmacies).
- Health Plans (health insurance companies, HMOs, company health plans, Medicare, and Medicaid as well as employers and schools that handle PHI to enroll their employees and students in health plans).
- Healthcare Clearinghouses (takes in information from a healthcare entity, puts the data into a standard format, and then spits the data back out to another healthcare entity).
- Data storage or document storage services.
- Providers of data transmission services, portals, or other interfaces.
- Electronic health information exchanges.
It is an RPA platform which helps to overcome the above challenges with an automated solution that lets you control your business processes in your healthcare enterprise. A truly valuable software can work across the business to solve numerous issues. IntelliBuddies® will assist streamlining your healthcare organizational HIPPA compliances by way of its support to Covered Entity, Business Associate, and many more.